At our 52nd Annual Convention in Mitchell, SD Jody Lemme was named to the Hall of Fame.
Jody wasn’t in attendance to accept the award so there is no photo to include of him.
Some highlights of Jody’s contribution to the sport of snowmobiling in SD:
• Instrumental in the start of the Poinsett Pounders Snowmobile Club
• Served as President of the Poinsett Pounders snowmobile club
• Served as Vice President of the Poinsett Pounders snowmobile club
• Assisted in the creation and organization of Poinsett Pounder’s Ride for the Ribbon events
• Assisted with the Easter Seal rides, Governor rides, Ride for the Ribbon, SDSA conventions and the monthly club meetings
• Representative for the State of SD for the Poinsett Pounders club
• Red Bibber for SD Governor Club
• Helped start “Winter Games” in 1995 which became the “Governor Winter Games” in 1996
• Countless hours of trail marking, grooming
• Helped with countless Poinsett Pounder events
• Provides free labor for kids from all over the area to fix their snowmobiles with only the expense being the cost of the parts needed to fix.
• Helped write snowmobile tourism booklet for state of SD
• Assisted in writing SD GF&P grooming handbook
Jody Lemme exemplifies the definition of the A TRUE SNOWMOBILER. Jody’s passion for snowmobiling is evident in how his family, friends and the Poinsett Pounder Snowmobile Club have become the participants they are today within SDSA.